Our Theological Commitments
In our diversity and with humility we affirm that…
• God loves the world.
• God’s love is realized among us in mercy, compassion, and justice.
• We realize our humanity through participating with God in labouring for a just and sustainable world.
Our Educational Objective
• To learn to love, intelligently and faithfully, the world God loves.
Our Curricular Goals
As interpreters in the context of diverse faith communities, in a religiously and culturally plural world, we seek…
• To provide a context for life long learning at the intersection of the religious and the secular.
• To deepen our capacity to engage God’s intentions for the world, through critical engagement with contemporary culture and the texts and traditions of the Christian faith.
• To prepare persons for learned leadership, in and for the church and world of the 21st century.
Features of the Curriculum
• An initial group of Core Courses that provide an opportunity to explore roots of Christian tradition and to reflect on Christian identity and vocation in contemporary contexts
• An opportunity to continue studies in theology, building upon the Core Courses to achieve completion in a diploma or degree program
• An opportunity to study theology in an inter-disciplinary context
• Small class size and high quality faculty who are committed to caring for the individual learning needs of students
• Flexibility in program design allowing students optimum adult education opportunities