Somerville House, which opened in December 2004,
is a residence for mature students who
are registered in programs at VST, Regent College,
St. Mark’s/Corpus Christi, UBC, or other nearby educational institutions.
• Applicants should be 20 years of age as of December to apply for an academic year.
• Applicants must agree to the policies in the Somerville House Residence Agreement.
• Applicants must also agree to the Somerville House Guidelines
VST students are given first priority in housing assignments. A $50 non-refundable application fee is payable by credit card with the application form. Payment of a security deposit equal to 1⁄2 a month’s rent is due upon housing acceptance. The first month’s rent is due at the start of July.
• Monthly fees include heat, water, electricity, high speed internet, and cablevision.
• Individual locked mailboxes located in the entry lobby.
• Laundry rooms with coin-operated washers and dryers located on main and 4th floors.
• Common rooms located on main floor and 4th floor.
• Kitchen for studio residents with stove, microwave, fridge and large freezer located on 4th floor.
• 19 underground parking spots available to rent on monthly basis.
• A courtesy locked bike cage provided in underground garage.
• All facilities are non-smoking.
• Residents are expected to supply own bedding, towels, pots and pans, dishes, cleaning equipment and supplies.
• No microwave ovens, dishwashers or TVs are provided in apartments.
• Housekeeping service is provided only to common areas and lounges.
• No storage areas are provided; any furniture that is moved must be returned to its original location before leaving.